cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:38:07 GMT
I found out that the default reader uses the source resolver, which uses
an XMLizer, which uses JTidy if the resource extension is HTML.

Note that people previously didn't notice becuase the build was not
modularized but now that I install only the blocks I know my setup
depends on, I find it annoying that I can't serve HTML files straight
from disk.

Not counting the huge overhead that jtidy imposes when I just want to
read that file from disk without processing it.

Admittedly, cocoon should not be reading HTML files from disk directly
(the webserver should be doing it), but it's nice to do it locally and
then setup the proxypass configurations to optimize those servings on
production.

The workaround is to change the extension of the HTML file on disk to
something else.

I'm perfectly aware this is a bug in Excalibur XMLutils, but since it's
mainly our code and cocoon developers maintain it, I thought about
bringing it up here.

comments? (Sylvain, Carsten, anyone?)

--
Stefano.