cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject Re: Hibernat2 block
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:39:55 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Considering the increasing number of Cocoon blocks that rely on LGPL'ed
> libraries (JCVS, JFreeChart, and now Hibernate), I wonder if, instead of
> having a myriad of very small projects, we could have a single
> "CocoLess" (or another name) project on cocoondev.org hosting all these
> small blocks. This would give them a greater visibility and consequently
> a bigger community.

FWIW, my enthusiastic support for a project unifying all those small
projects which should be in Cocoon... if licensing was not an issue ;)
(I mean, all those blocks related to GPL, LGPL, and proprietary libraries).

Hmm... the governing of such diverse sub-projects under the same
umbrella project is an issue though... might the Cocoon PMC itself
handle it ?

Regards,

                Luca Morandini
                GIS Consultant