cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] improving the session concept
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:09:27 GMT
on 4/8/03 3:39 PM Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>>On a parallel, the flow continuations expire, how about using the
>>>cornerstone components to create a mechanism for expiring sessions?
>>>

>>Sessions are fully controlled by the underlying servlet container, the
>>servlet API uses IoC so doesn't give you hooks to dispose them.
>>

> Erhm... what about Session.invalidate() ?

yes, correct, well I stated it totally wrong, sorry :-/  what I was
saying is that we can't take control *over* the session engine
underneath, replace it, nor I would like to even if we could (think
about the complexity of cluster-driven app servers and the like)

it will be nice if the flow could wrap around the session objects and
provide a way to add hooks to the sessione events and this simply with
using the servlet API.

that would keep up honest and happy.

--
Stefano.