cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - cocoon-block-fop
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:04:48 GMT
on 4/8/03 2:42 PM Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>on 4/8/03 11:31 AM Gump@icarus.apache.org wrote:
>>

>>>fop-compile:
>>>    [javac] Compiling 3 source files to /home/rubys/jakarta/cocoon-2.1/build/cocoon-20030408/blocks/fop/dest
>>>    [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/fop/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/FOPSerializer.java:70:
cannot resolve symbol
>>>    [javac] symbol  : class Options
>>>    [javac] location: package apps
>>>    [javac] import org.apache.fop.apps.Options;
>>>    [javac]                            ^
>>
>>YES! we have a dependency-clean gump run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>This means that from today on, if you break gump *YOU FIX IT*!!!
>

> One question, does the build include the testcases?

Currently, it does not. But this is just a matter of adding the target
dependency to the "gump-core" "gump-scrachpad" and "gump-block" targets
(found in in ./src/targets/admin-build.xml).

There is only one gump-block target because instructed gump (in our
gump.xml file) to call that target and passing the block name as a
parameter). If you look at the target it's pretty self-expalanatory.

Gump is merely a tool that calls ant and process its reports. Some call
it a supercron, I see it as a stress tester for interproject contracts.

So adding tests makes perfect sense, while adding documentation or dist
targets does not: if our documentation fails, the code dependency of
others projects will remain valid, so we should not impede others from
being able to build on us.

Please, keep the above in mind as you modify those dependencies.

> Next, where can be found the complete build log?

In several places around the world (gump is executed on at least four
different machines) most notably:

  http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/cocoon.html

(this is the official gump run, the one that sends nags emails to this list)

  http://gump.cocoondev.org/cocoon.html

another installation, running at a different time.

In case you (or others) have any question, please feel free to ask.

--
Stefano.