cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hibernat2 block
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:25:47 GMT
On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:

<snip/>

> >Anybody intressted in this? Can I donnate and add a block for it?
> >

> This looks very cool, but... Hibernate is LGPL, and as such cannot go
> into an Apache repository :-(

I know, I thought this is what the mock classes are for, right?

> Can this go to cocoondev.org ?
>
> Considering the increasing number of Cocoon blocks that rely on LGPL'ed
> libraries (JCVS, JFreeChart, and now Hibernate),

Is this the alternative? Can't we have those blocks in cocoon.apache.org and
have their build.xml file download the required jars from let say
www.ibiblio.org?

> I wonder if, instead of
> having a myriad of very small projects, we could have a single
> "CocoLess" (or another name) project on cocoondev.org hosting all these
> small blocks. This would give them a greater visibility and consequently
> a bigger community.

"Greater visibility and consequently a bigger community" than what?
cocoon.apache.org?

Giacomo