cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [PMC Vote] Copyright footer on Cocoon Wiki
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:03:00 GMT

Hi,

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

> Personally, I think "(c) The Cocoon Community" with proper approval of
> this PMC would do the job until we migrate to nagoya.

Yes, but the problem is how you define "The Cocoon Community", since it is
not an entity (either organisation or person).

If the copyright is there to protect us from having the material stolen,
borrowed, or repackaged without our consent, then we need to make sure
that the terms used actually do offer us that protection.

Does anyone out there with more legal knowledge know if "Cocoon Community"
is good enough? If so, then I'm happy to change to +1.

> Can we continue this vote? I would like to finish the process that
> Stefano started.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works :-( Just want to make sure the change
is actually valid!

Andrew.