cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <>
Subject Re: [PMC Vote] Copyright footer on Cocoon Wiki
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 08:13:42 GMT

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, David Crossley wrote:

> Because the wiki is in the process of being moved further
> under the ASF wing, i think that the existing copyright
> notice can remain while that happens. If the move does not
> eventuate then we need some other solution.
> We should not set up some separate entity that is copyright
> holder of anything. That might just create other issues.

I think David is right - I don't believe "the Cocoon Community" would
stand up to any serious copyright problem in a court of law - it's too
abstract a concept.

I suspect the best way to speedily resolve the issue is to either allow
the use of (c) ASF (and I really can't see why this would be a problem,
since after all every installed copy of Cocoon has that printed at the
bottom whether it's on ASF machines or not) or to push ahead and move the
content across to ASF hardware. Of course, if this is likely to take weeks
or even months, then we should come up with an alternative.

Andrew Savory                                Email:
This is not an official statement or order.    Web:

View raw message