cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Resigning from Cocoon PMC Chair
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 17:29:54 GMT

Hi,

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I hereby resign from my ASF officer position of Apache Cocoon PMC Chair.

All I can say is that this is a great shame and disappointment, as the
Apache Cocoon PMC hasn't really had a chance to find its feet yet, and
Cocoon needs a strong and forthright individual to kick it along from time
to time. In the last few weeks you've certainly done a lot of kicking, and
whilst the bruises smarted at the start, we've got a stronger and better
Cocoon 2.1 as a result.

My worry is that you are the best person (with enough authority) to
deliver the kicks and the vision, and that Cocoon as a whole will suffer
without you at the helm to sponsor us.

If this were a vote, I would be -1!

However, if this is what you truly want, then I hope you will remain as
active as you have been despite this setback. Thanks for all the great
work you've done to get Cocoon to where it is, and good luck for part
two of the world tour!

Andrew.