cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: [Bug] Default-reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:17:44 GMT

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le mercredi, 23 avr 2003, à 12:19 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a
> écrit :
>
> > ....This means it's not XMLUtils which is buggy but it's the default
> > cocoon.xconf that is misleading.
>
> +1
> I also feel that such automagic stuff should be disabled by default
>
> > ...Besides, what does it mean to have a *text* XMLizer? how can you be
> > that
> > general and still be meaningful? what am I missing?
>
> What chaperon's text XMLIzer does is simply wrap text in one element,
> so that it can be used downstream by the Chaperon parser. Not very
> general IMHO, I'd be +1 on removing this, but maybe Stephan has good
> reasons to have it this way.

No, I have the same functionality with the TextGenerator, so the
TextXMLizer is obsolete.

> > ...Anyway, what if we remove the <xMLIzer> section from cocoon.xconf
> > altogether? it's only confusing: cocoon has enough xml-adaptation
> > features on its own....
>
> Basically +1
>
> But I think the Chaperon samples sitemap (and possibly others) will
> need to be modified accordingly, unless it's been changed since last
> time I looked (about 15 days ago).

The only reason of this xmlizer was to have a smaller
code in the sitemap.

   <map:match pattern="**/*.class.html">
    <map:aggregate element="java">
     <map:part                    src="cocoon:/packages.xml"/>
     <map:part                    src="misc/{1}/{2}.java"/>
    </map:aggregate>

Instead I must write a internal pipeline like

 <map:match pattern="**/*.java">
  <map:generate type="text" src="misc/quote.txt"/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
 </map:match>

   <map:match pattern="**/*.class.html">
    <map:aggregate element="java">
     <map:part                    src="cocoon:/packages.xml"/>
     <map:part                    src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}.java"/>
    </map:aggregate>

Stephan.