cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <>
Subject Re: Testcases for Cocoon components
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:36:03 GMT

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > Perhaps I'm the only one, who think testcases for components are important?!
> Definitly NOT!
> Only problem is comming up with some good ones :-/ From my experience
> writing useful testcase for such complex components can be quite a
> challange.
> Regarding the classes: I think testing should be handled explicitly in
> the build system. Just like the core - no block.

Thanks Thorsten and Bertrand,

I would first start with smallest piece, and then we could add testcases
for complete pipelines. It shouldn't be difficult to write a

But anyway, the current problem is that we doesn't build a jar for the
test folder. So we can't get them into the classpath of other gump
projects, like for a block.

Does it make a sense if we build a jar from the test folder? No, because
there also normal testcases, which aren't reusable.

So, I don't know ?-|

View raw message