cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues with chaperon
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 13:06:08 GMT

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> on 4/7/03 12:36 PM Stephan Michels wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >

> >>We were very picky with Ivelin and his move to factor out xmlform, but
> >>I'm going to be as well with Chaperon.
> >>
> >>There are few things that I don't like:
> >>
> >>1) copyright is given to the ASF.
> >>
> >>While I *do* appreciate the intention, the ASF's policy cannot allow
> >>this (I'm going to be picky on those things, so be prepared in case you
> >>host stuff with the ASF copyright which are not hosted on
> >>ASF-infrastructure-driven hosts)
> >>
> >>As a short term solution, I would suggest to change the copyright sign.
> >>[the license is fine]
> >

> > Can you please give me a pointer, I'm a bit lost?
>
> Oh, sorry, http://chaperon.sf.net right at the bottom.
>
>  Copyright © 2002 The Apache Software Foundation.. All rights reserved.
>
> The ASF has no whatsoever rights on the chaperon web pages, so you are
> stating a lie.
>
> Please, bear with me and have patience: I'm doing this so that our legal
> umbrella doesn't leak thru.
>
> > Do you mean in LICENSE.chaperon ?
>
> No,no, nothign in code or licenses, but on the web. But from your reply
> it seems that you just overlooked it so I think it's just a matter of
> updating your skin.

Yes, I just have forget to change the skinconf.xml :-/ I think I have
fixed it.

> > It's not a bad architecture, it's a evolution stage. The components
> > were originally developed within the Chaperon project, and were moved
> > to Cocoon.
> >
> > And yes, I will removed the cocoon dependency of the Chaperon lib.
>
> Very cool. This is nice to hear. Please keep me informed as you complete
> the transition, becuase as soon as chaperon is free of cocoon
> dependencies, I want to add it to gump so that we can have gump help us
> watch over our contracts.

I must add a infrastructure to allow testcases for block compoments. I
have the blocks-build.xsl already changed on my hd, but I must first
see that everything runs fine. So this will take some time.

Thanks for your time, Stephan.