cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Björn Lütkemeier <bluetkeme...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Allow redirects inside error handling
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:47:55 GMT
Hi,

As far as I see the problem with infinite loops does not only occur in
conjunction with error handling. Even with normal pipelines you are able to
configure an infinite loop. Cocoon does not prevent you from doing so,
because as I said before it is your fault, not a bug in the system.
It is the same in Java: The Java language does not prevent you from
implementing infinite loops. When you do so, you made a mistake in your
program and have to fix it. Therefore I do not see any reason to allow
redirects anywhere in the sitemap, but forbid them in error handlers. This
would be a bad restriction that is not necessary at all in my opinion.

Regards, Björn.