cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From volker.schm...@basf-it-services.com
Subject Antwort: Re: [Bug] Default-reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:44:23 GMT

Stefano,

what happens if you comment out the
<parser mime-type="text/html" role
="org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.SAXParser/HTML"/>
section in the xmlizer element in cocoon.xconf? Then there is no indirect
reference to JTidyHTMLParser anymore.

<xmlizer>
      <parser mime-type="text/html" role
="org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.SAXParser/HTML"/>
      <parser mime-type="text/xml" role
="org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.SAXParser"/>
      <parser mime-type="text/plain" role
="org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.SAXParser/Text"/>
</xmlizer>

I have checked the hole SourceCode (Cocoon2.1 HEAD and Excalibur), the only
Classes which have direct references to JTidy are:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.JTidyHTMLParser
org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator

JTidyHTMLParser is only used if configured in the <xmlizer> above, but what
is strange, only if  "toSAX" is used.

What does the StackTrace show?

Volker

on 4/22/03 3:58 PM Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So, if you have a reader, only the input stream is used from the Source
> object and you shouldn't have any depedency to JTidy as the xmlizer is
> not used.
>
> Does this help?

Yes, it does.

then we simply have a bug because if you try to read an HTML file from
the default reader and jtidy is not around, you get a classnotfound
exception.

--
Stefano.