cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:54:32 GMT
> So in order to proceed, Vadim and Matthew (CC-ed) should come up with a
> statement, and Pier (would-you-pretty-please?) should start setting up
> the infrastructure for the vote.

Ok, here's my statement: I was kindly nominated for which I am honored.

The role of PMC Chair is something that I would certainly be interested in
doing - at a later stage. And I have indeed thought long and hard about
campaigning for the position.

At the moment I feel that the PMC chair should be both someone with a strong
Cocoon background and someone who is very vocal on Apache matters. We are a
young PMC and we still need to find our place in "the family that is
Apache". I'm sure this will not be easy for the first few months - and as we
have experienced - this will most certainly be frustrating.

However, we should also not underestimate the PMC Chair role - which is sure
to be more visible - and more closely watched - than the normal dwarfs deep
down in the mines :-). All the more so - because the new PMC Chair will be
compared to the previous Chair. Not easy to follow for sure.

So, next time, perhaps.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de