cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject FW: xslt transformer removing namespace attributes
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:51:37 GMT
I'm forwarding this message from Paul to the dev list because I think the
answer has something to do with the second namespace (xmlns:session) not
being passed on to the session transformer (next component in the pipeline).
I seem to remember this problem from somewhere and reckon someone on the
dev-list will have the anser

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Bowler [mailto:paulbowler@www.aventix.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 1:55 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: xslt transformer removing namespace attributes

I'm trying to get the session transformer working in cocoon 2.1.

My xslt file reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:output method="html" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>
	<xsl:template match="manage">
			<head>
				<title>Manager</title>
			</head>
				<h1>Manager</h1>
				<h2>Hello:
				<session:getxml xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0"
context="authentication" path="/authentication/ID"/>
				</h2>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

After this is transformed (before the session transformer is applied) the
result is:

<head>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<title>Manager</title>
</head>
<h1>Manager</h1>
<h2>Hello:
<session:getxml context="authentication"
path="/authentication/ID"></session:getxml>
</h2>

Where has the namespace attribute gone in the <session:getxml ...> tag?

When this is then forwarded on to the session transformer nothing is done as
it will not work without the
xmlns:session being defined.

Any ideas?

Paul.