cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:14:06 GMT
> elected. Honestly, now that Stefano has expressed his willingness to
> proceed with technical innovation rather than the legal stuff, I think
> it has been made clear what the actual value of all this is (please
> don't read this as belittling - just as a reality check).

Ok, I'll bite :-). Just what is the actual value of a PMC Chair? I guess I
must have missed this the first time round - what does the Chair actually do
and why is it currently mixed concerns? I would like to understand the role,
responsibilities and possible conflicts of a PMC Chair before going any
further with this. And I can't find any quick pointers on this also - but I
may just have missed them.

I think this topic is relevant both from a voting decision as also from a
possible nominee one.

And if I happen to be the only one who doesn't understand what role the
Chair has - then I apologize for the bandwidth.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de