cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stoeckel, Matthias" <Matthias.Stoec...@Dresdner-Bank.com>
Subject [Bug] multiple Xalan transformations and i18n doesn't function wi th latest Cocoon snapshot
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:03:19 GMT
Hi,

there seems to be an error with the combination of the new Xalan (2.5) and
the i18n transformer.
I'm using the following setup:
- Latest Source from this morning.
- modified Hello World sample
- jdk 1.3.1_06 on solaris

This is the modified pipeline for the Hello World sample:

   <map:match pattern="hello.html">
    <map:generate src="content/hello.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="style/xsl/page2html.xsl" type="xalan"/>
<!-- some dummy transformations -->
    <map:transform src="ident.xsl" type="xalan"/>
    <map:transform src="ident.xsl" type="xalan"/>
    <map:transform src="ident.xsl" type="xalan"/>
    <map:transform  type="i18n">
           <map:parameter name="locale" value="de"/>
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

Modified hello.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">
 <title>Hello</title>
 <content>
  <para>This is my first Cocoon page!
  <i18n:text>a_key</i18n:text>
</para>
 </content>
</page>

The ident.xsl source code, which simply copies all tags from input to
output:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I'm also using the message catalogue from the i18n sample. As long as I have
only one Xalan transformation everything works fine. But as soon as I add
another transformation the output gets corrupted. Some (all?) closing tags
get lost after the i18n transformation. This problem stops when I use the
old Xalan 2.4.1!
Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? I can provide a zip file with the
modified hello world example, if wanted.
Thanks
  Matthias