cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Spaeth <Jonathan.Spa...@networktelephone.net>
Subject RE: AbstractMethodError: org/apache/excalibur/event/impl/Abstract Queue.enqueue
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 02:06:19 GMT
Did anybody ever figure out this problem?  I seem to be experiencing it as
well.

I am running a tomcat application server version 4.1.24 on a freebsd server.
I just compiled a fresh snapshot of the cvs repository and have received
this error exploding through my logs.

What I mean by "exploding through my logs" is that the first time the cocoon
webapp is initialized, the exceptions start flowing and they do not stop.
They are stored in the log files and the log files just keep growing because
the exceptions are being constantly thrown.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks,
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Upayavira [mailto:uv@upaya.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 4:31 PM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: AbstractMethodError:
org/apache/excalibur/event/impl/AbstractQueue.enqueue

The CLI works fine from the batch file, but gives an exception when I run it
from in
IDEA. I've done what I remember to be the usual: build clean, checking I've
got all the
latest jars in my classpath. Any ideas what might be causing the following
exception?

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org/apache/excalibur/event/impl/AbstractQueue.enqueue
	at
org.apache.excalibur.event.command.AbstractThreadManager$PipelineRunner.run(
bstractThreadManager.java:310)
	at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.ja
va:
727)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
[...]
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentHandler: method initialize()V
not
found
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(E
xcal
iburComponentManager.java:555)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:323)
	at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:213)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:409)