cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:33:11 GMT
Le jeudi, 24 avr 2003, à 14:20 Europe/Zurich, Nicola Ken Barozzi a
écrit :

> ...If we all agree, formality is not that necessary. Votes *and*
> discussions should *always* happen on the dev list, not on the PMC
> list. In this case it seems we are doing it de-facto in the open,
> because there is some consensus, so if Steven starts a [vote] thread
> summarizing the votes so far, I have no problem with it.

Neither do I - but I think in any case at least a [VOTE] header is
needed for a thread where voting happens. Not *that much* formal but it
helps keep track of what's happening - discussing or voting.

I agree that summarizing previous votes is fine, but voting on non-vote
threads can be confusing at times ;-)

The idea about using the PMC list for this was to take the opportunity
to make sure people are subscribed to this list, that's all.

-Bertrand