cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:53:34 GMT
Le mardi, 22 avr 2003, à 10:38 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit
:

> I found out that the default reader uses the source resolver, which
> uses
> an XMLizer, which uses JTidy if the resource extension is HTML....

XMLizer can be confusing IMHO - for example, the Chaperon block uses it
to automagically parse .txt files, but this is not visible in the
sitemap as it happens behind the scenes. Took me a while to find out
why parsing txt files worked without me saying anything in the sitemap
(and why it stopped working if I renamed my .txt files to .wiki).

Is there an easy way to disable XMLizing by configuration?

If so, maybe it should be disabled by default to avoid confusion?
I don't know all the issues but too much automagic stuff is often
confusing.

-Bertrand