cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:20:30 GMT
On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 07:37  AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> In this case, transparent XMLizing is *very bad* because it is hidden
> underneath *TONS* of code and nobody will ever find out (I personally
> found out because of the missing class, otherwise, I would not have
> noticed)
>
> the source resolver should not try to outsmart its users. If i ask for
> stream of chars, give me what I ask for nothing more nothing less.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe the XMLizer only kicks in
if you want to call toSAX on a source. (or if a source is not XMLizable)

So for your example of HTML files, in order to successfully convert
them into valid XML, JTidy is used. If you just want to serve static
HTML, you probably want to use a reader, and not a generator.
-pete