cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1-B1
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:04:06 GMT
Le Lundi, 28 avr 2003, à 11:26 Europe/Zurich, Konstantin Piroumian a
écrit :
> ...No, you got me wrong. I am +1 for an immediate release, but let's
> call it
> Alpha and not Beta.

I don't think you can call 2.1 as a whole to be Alpha (if you're
talking from stable APIs): most stuff is API-stable, there are a few
Blocks which are not, and which can be clearly marked as such, with
buildtime warnings.

As Cocoon becomes more and more componentized, having everything at the
same level becomes impossible, so releases will have to be made with a
mix of production, beta and alpha stuff IMHO.

So I think we should call the release "beta with some alpha components"
or something.

-Bertrand