cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1-B1
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:01:21 GMT
"Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Cocoon 2.1 M1 -> Mn -> (APIs solid) beta -> RC (for the
>> impatient) -> final
>>
> Very good suggestion! I like Milestone!
> So, this could your first pmc chair action... :)

Same here... I like the concept of milestones... It's pretty hard to define
if something can be considered "alpha" or "beta" quality code without
feedback from users...

IIRC, in Apache 2.0 all milestones were/are labeled as 2.0.milestone and
then, after a little bit of feedback it was decided where to promote the
milestone as alpha or beta... Turned out to be a good approach...

+1 on Cocoon 2.1m1 (or 2.1.1) now, clearly labeled as non-final! :-)

    Pier