cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Issues with chaperon
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 22:01:30 GMT
On 7/4/03 22:48, "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:

> On 7/04/2003 14:16 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Note that the same holds true for the wiki pages for two reasons:
>>
>> 1) they are hosted in a machine which is not under direct control of the
>> ASF infrastructure team
>>
>> 2) they are not contained in the apache.org contained URI resolution space.
>
> Until the Wiki is moved to nagoya, I've changed the copyright footer to
> "Copyright © 2002-2003 The Cocoon Project. All rights reserved."
>
> After it is moved, we can then change it back to "© The ASF".
>
> OK?

Yes and no... Yes because at least legally we're not involving the
foundation itself, but no because the "Cocoon" project is still an Apache
name, and as said in our license you need to get permission to use the name.

I'd be a happier camper if the PMC members passed a resolution mentioning
the fact that Steven Noels (individual) is allowed to use the "Cocoon
Project" name to host the Apache Cocoon Wiki system until a more permanent
location within the ASF infrastructure is found and the Wiki is moved.

Sorry to be another legally-binding friggin' pain-in-the-ass, but as an ASF
member, it's one of the unfortunate things you gotta watch out for. I know
we're all friends and nothing ever is going to happen, and I thank your
effort for doing all you're doing on your hardware, Steven, but legally, at
the end, even the Foundation is a corporation and has lawyers and stuff :-(

    Pier