cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Resigning from Cocoon PMC Chair
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:48:22 GMT
On 7/4/03 22:20, "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:

> To reduce the weight that the role of a PMC Chair puts onto one's
> shoulders, I propose to make the terms of our PMC Chair last only six
> months (as is the situation with the Avalon project IIRC). [...]

That is more than reasonable... In our industry god knows what happens in
six months...

> I'm cc'ing board to see whether this is OK by them, I've just read
> article 5.2 of the ASF bylaws and ASF membership seems not to be a
> requirement for a PMC Chair of a toplevel project (= Officer IIUC) -
> this would be a problem otherwise, since we the amount of members
> amongst our active committers
> (http://www.apache.org/~jim/projects.html#cocoon-2.1) is fairly limited
> compared to some other projects (like
> http://www.apache.org/~jim/projects.html#httpd-2.0).

We still need someone to "report" to the board... The chair is literally
that person shifting stuff between the board and the PMC, so, we need
someone who can "attend" to board meetings, report back to the board what's
happening and make sure that directives from the board are well understood
and enforced on the project...

And in my opinion, the election of a new chair needs to be done as soon as
possible....

    Pier