cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Is "build jetty-standlone" needed?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:19:03 GMT
"Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch> wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is currently no easy way to
> deploy a Jetty + cocoon system by just copying files created by the
> cocoon build.

And there should not. The Jetty version included in Cocoon is _not_ the full
version. If you want to build your own Jetty + Cocoon distro, download
Cocoon, dowload Jetty, build the webapp, and deploy it using the
documentation supplied by Jetty....

Although I am a big fan of it, and use Jetty in production everywhere I can,
it would be counter-productive for this community to elect one as a "engine
of choice", and "promote" it against other...

    Pier