cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Geissel, Adrian" <adrian.geis...@ecb.int>
Subject RE: XMLForm: view/edit functions
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:11:53 GMT
Hi Sylvain,

What about error handling [excuse XMLForm ignorance, but the user data
should be round-tripped for usability]?

> >The fields in the form were bound to the data using
> attributes containing
> >XPath expressions
> ***like XMLForm.
>
> The first thing (and my main problem) I need is a mechanism
> that add a link or a button containing the "path" (ex.
> http://view?id=215) to the page displayed.
> I think I have 2 solutions:
> - add the link or button directly in the XMLForm view => I
> think that I need to create new tags and modify the XMLFormTransformer
> - add the link or button with the xsl stylesheet => I need to
> modify the stylesheet
My choice at the time, FWIW, was to put application logic, links
and flow into the Form/View definitions - the HTML XSL was dumb, and should
be such. It sounds like a possible use of <xforms:trigger/> [learning :)],
but are such things allowed in listings (views?).

Also, I guess that you'll want to put a trigger (or two) on each listing
row - I used iterator elements in my views, allowing repeated layout
based on data collections (self-referential, recursive XSLT - rather
tricky, but worked well) - This looks like what <xforms:repeat/> does.
You could try putting the trigger inside such a block.

> I don't know which solution is better or harder.
>
> I think that I don't have only one solution.
> I'm trying to find the best solution in the "idea of XMLForm".
>

> Regards
> Sylvain

<snip/>

/Adrian

Any e-mail message from the European Central Bank (ECB) is sent in good faith but shall neither
be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by the ECB except where provided for
in a written agreement.
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorised
disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via e-mail
and delete this e-mail from your system.