cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] Towards a new/another Forms Framework
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 05:32:40 GMT
Le Mercredi, 2 avr 2003, à 00:02 Europe/Zurich, Neeme Praks a écrit :

> ...I also read that doc and couldn't really figure out the distinction
> between data-types and field-types... both of them can be used in
> field declarations, so where exactly is the difference?

The idea is that data-type is a more general concept than field-type.

For example, several field-types could refer to the same data-type,
maybe overriding some of the data-type attributes.

If you're thinking about form fields and what Bruno calls "form beans"
the boundary can be hard to see, but data-types could also be used to
automatically generate "business beans" classes or mappings to such
classes.

-Bertrand