cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Burns" <stephen.bu...@tias.com.au>
Subject memory leak?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 05:47:08 GMT
All,

We've been using JProbe to profile our Cocoon app, and may have found a
memory leak.

Can anyone shed any light on this variable, which lives inside
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory ?
specifically when/where is the decommission method supposed to be
called?

private final StaticBucketMap m_composableProxies = new
StaticBucketMap();

We're seeing DefaultComponentFactory accumulate (and never release)
references to
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.AuthenticationManage
r and org.apache.cocoon.webapps.session.components.SessionManager.

This results in about 120KB leaking (haemorrhaging) per http request.

Regards,
Steve