cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject [OT] Re: Allow redirects inside error handling
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:33:27 GMT

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 02:30 PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Ok, you are perhaps right that redirects in error handlers are not the
>> way to go for designing web apps. But, if someone decides to do so,
>> why
>> should we create a barrior?
>
> If you had a friend with suicidal tendencies would you give them a
> loaded gun?

This makes me think of a statement by the guy who makes the diving
equipment I use:

“I have often compared rebreathers to guns. After all, either one will
kill you just as dead. A rebreather with automatic controls is like
walking around with a loaded gun with the safety on vs walking around
with a loaded gun that has no safety. In the first case you "think" it
is safe because of the "safety". And it is, as long as the "safety"
isn't broken and hasn't been switched off accidentally. But you just
may be safer in the second case because you know at all times that the
gun is apt to go off and you are much more likely to stay aware of the
danger and treat it with the respect it demands.”
Gordon Smith

User beware!

regards Jeremy