cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject [OT] Porting Cocoon to the Whitespace language?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 08:53:28 GMT
I'm starting to think that porting Cocoon to the Whitespace language
(http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/whitespace/) could bring a lot of benefits.
Apparently this language allows one to get rid of all encoding problems
by using a strictly restricted character set.

Tools are not yet available for all platforms but they're working on
it, and this time of the year seems to be a fruitful one for their team.

Also, Whitespace, as mentioned on its homepage, is particularly well
suited to literate programming.
As they say, just writing helpful comments in between the Whitespace
instructions does the job - this might be very helpful in improving our
documentation.

Anyway, this requires more thought before diving deep into the project,
but I really feel that porting Cocoon to Whitespace is A Project For
Today...

-Bertrand