cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: [RT] the quest for the perfect template language
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:40:15 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> asked:

> So, this list seems full of XSLT lovers, then get your brain cells
> working: how do we sort the performance issues of document()?

I realize this isn't what you're asking for, but the following came up on
xml-dev the other day:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-injava/index.html

It's a comparison of the performance of various parsers.  Interestingly
enough (when considered with some of the other discussion in this thread) a
pull model parser (XPP) comes out on top most of the time.

Isn't the document issue really attacked by treating it exactly as any other
*internal* Cocoon URI reference (via the URI resolver hook)?