cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: XMLForm & JSF
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 19:24:18 GMT
Bruno Dumon <bruno@outerthought.org> asked:

> > be plugged in as well as any other validator.  However, you really
> > don't want to marshal the data to the bean and then unmarshal to
> > XML/SAX just to run the validator? I think you really want
> to have the
> > capability to run validation directly on the SAX stream
> before it gets
> > marshaled into any model?
>
> Slightly confused now: where are you currently doing
> validation? In the Cocoon-SAX-pipeline itself?

In our current code we go from SAX to DOM in an action handler (it's
"legacy" code plugged into Cocoon).  That's obviously bad, one way to fix it
would be to use a generator/transformer on the back side of the POST and
have a serializer do the side effect of updating the database, but I'm not
sure I like that any better.  With flow, I'm not sure how we'll approach
this, I'm open to suggestions...