cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From <Sylvain.The...@swisscom.com>
Subject XMLForm and concatenation in view: possible bug?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:29:21 GMT
Hello,

I have a Collection object which contains some attributes (applicationId, applicationName,
applicationVersion).

In a XMLForm view I need to display more than one attribute per "output", like:

<xf:selectOne ref="/appId">
  <xf:itemset nodeset="applications">
    <xf:caption ref="applicationName + applicationVersion"/>   <=concatenation
    <xf:value ref="applicationId"/>
  </xf:itemset>
</xf:selectOne>

Konstantin has told me to try:
<xf:caption ref="concat(applicationName, applicationVersion)"/>

But it doesn't work. Error:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException:
Invalid XPath: '/persons_col[1]/concat(lastName, firstName)'. Syntax error after: '/persons_col[1]/c'

Is someone could tell why this doesn't work?

Thanks
Sylvain (T)