cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From <Sylvain.The...@swisscom.com>
Subject XMLForm: view/edit functions
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:09:54 GMT
Hello,

I'm using XMLForm to implement a web application where data are stored in a database.
Main "functions" for an application that manage data are: add - delete - search - view/edit.
The "functions" add, delete and search are (relatively) easy to implement with XMLForm.

My problem is how to implement the view/edit functions (from a search result).

My goal:

When I search data the result looks like:

Id	name		type
--	----		----
1	test1		type1
3	test5		type3
8	test45	type1

The idea is to add a link or a button to the result like:

Id	name		type
1	test1		type1		view	edit
3	test5		type3		view	edit
8	test45	type1		view 	edit

The view and edit button/link should contain information about the item (the Id) and allow
to view/edit the item (in another view or another XMLForm application).

Is anyone has an experience about this?

Thanks
Sylvain