cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Lewis" <...@ascii27.net>
Subject Re: moving the Wiki to nagoya
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:52:12 GMT

> On 7/4/03 18:06, "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:

<snip/>

> Yes, the weekend after Sun Micro grants me a license to install VXFS on that machine...
We
> actually obtained one copy of the software, but now it looks like that we need an extra
license
> to _RUN_ that software (why would you buy a CD if after that you have to buy a key to
run it?
> Can't they ship the two in the same nifty little package? What am I supposed to do, keep
the CD
> and hang it on the wall or something? Bah)

Trust me - sun isn't the correct PITA to blame for this one - this is a VERITAS product, and
they
control the keys for it...I used to manage the ebusines development team there, and in all
honesty, it is amazing you can get a key at all :) (VERITAS does have some truely brilliant
people
btw, they just weren't involved in this part of the business...)
<snip/>

--
"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."