cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Improving the RequestGenerator
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:43:25 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>For linotype, I patched the RequestGenerator to parse all request
>parameters which names start with "xml:" as they were XML files and
>throw the SAX events along with the generated rest.
>
>For example, a POST request with the following parameters:
>
> hello -> "Hello!"
> xml:p -> "<p>Treat me as markup</p>"

>Anybody against adding the above functionality to the Cocoon's version?
>I volunteer to do the patch, of course.

Have you seen / do you remember StreamGenerator? It has similarity - it
takes request parameter - or post body - and parses it. Does your
modification to RequestGenerator have same/similar capabilities? If yes,
StreamGenerator functionality becomes small subset of capabilities of
this modified RequestGenerator. Then, may be, they should be merged
together?

Vadim