cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Improving the RequestGenerator
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:24:18 GMT
For linotype, I patched the RequestGenerator to parse all request
parameters which names start with "xml:" as they were XML files and
throw the SAX events along with the generated rest.

For example, a POST request with the following parameters:

 hello -> "Hello!"
 xml:p -> "<p>Treat me as markup</p>"

yields

 <r:request>
  <r:requestparameter name="title">
   <r:value>Hello!</r:value>
  </r:requestparameter>
  <r:requestparameter name="xml:p">
   <r:value>&lt;p&gt;Treat me as markup&lt;/p&gt;</r:value>
  </r:requestparameter>
 </r:request>

in the Cocoon's version of RequestGenerator while my Linotype version yields

 <r:request>
  <r:requestparameter name="title">
   <r:value>Hello!</r:value>
  </r:requestparameter>
  <r:requestparameter name="xml:p">
   <r:value>
   </r:value>
  </r:requestparameter>
 </r:request>

which allows the "xml:p" content to be further XSLT processed easily.

Anybody against adding the above functionality to the Cocoon's version?
I volunteer to do the patch, of course.

comments?

--
Stefano.