cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] allow redirects in handle-errors
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:50:09 GMT
On 30/04/2003 15:35 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote, On 30/04/2003 15.12:
>
>> On 30/04/2003 14:58 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>>> The vote here is about allowing redirects.
>>

>> I hope that this nuance is appreciated by everyone.
>

> Could you please explain what you mean :-?

I mean no harm :-)

The use case as described by Björn is about more than only plain
redirects, but also about supporting application-level exception
handling in handle-errors.

IIUC, you and most of us would not be opposing a simple off-base
redirect, but many seem to have adverse feelings towards anything more
than that. So I was wondering whether Sylvain, in his vote, means "only
redirects, but no app logic", which means we should check on that in
code, or "let's give Björn what he wants", which apparenly is not what
others would like to see happen (me neither, but I prefer to refrain
from making a technical judgement call until I see you - more
enlightened - guys come to an agreement).

Since this nuance in Sylvain's vote proposal was not immediately clear
to myself, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Cheers,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org