cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Handling of website
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:00:28 GMT
On 29/04/2003 12:52 Stephan Michels wrote:

>>So, do we want to keep a website for each major version (2.0/2.1)?
>>And put different documentation from the corresponding repositories
>>on them?
>

> -1, who will maintain this?

?

I don't see much maintenance going into the documentation of a
_released_ version, other than bugfixes

Either way, as we are in disruptive but productive mode anyhow, maybe
the time is there to finally split 'documentation' into:

  * the website, which contains only general and version-unspecific info
about Cocoon, like news, whoweare, wheretoget and howmanyawardswereceived
  * a documentation section per released major version, managed in the
respective modules (cocoon-2.O, cocoon-2.1, cocoon-2.2...) - mounted
somewhere in cocoon.apache.org URI space
  * when and if, running on top of a real servlet container, live samples

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org