cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Link Rewriting
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:02:03 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 28/04/2003 22.06:
> on 4/28/03 9:16 AM Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>When that URL is accessed, it should be mapped to a SystemID, allowing
>>independent re-implementation of the storage layer.
>
> I don't see this. doesn't the sitemap give you enough decoupling
> capabilities already?

How it's generally used, it simply matches urls to sources. This means
that if I need to change all sources to a different store, or part of
it, I have this "aspect" intermixed in all matches.

The separation of this aspect can be done by making a pipeline do the
mapping, and having the generator ask for a cocoon://get/source/for/xxx
url that gets you the data using that pipeline.

IIUC he is asking that this mechanism be also available via modules as a
Cocoon 'plugin', and factored out of Cocoon. This is what we need for
Forrest, where the pipeline is "reusable", and should not be touched.

Probably mounting this pipeline would solve the problem, but I don't
know how it scales as performance.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -