cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Semantic analysis of the namespace URI used in Cocoon HEAD
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:57:10 GMT
On 29/04/2003 6:22 Conal Tuohy wrote:

> I think a registry of the namespaces is a great idea!
>
> As well as regularising the URIs, I think the namespaces themselves should
> be documented, by making these URIs actually point to e.g. RDDL documents,
> or failing that, XHTML or HTML documents at least :-)
>
> I don't know if the base URL http://apache.org/cocoon would facilitate that?
> Currently that URI points to 404, so that's a good sign that it could become
> the base URI of a NS registry without breaking anything else.
>

>>I also propose that *everytime* code is added in CVS that
>>introduces or
>>works on a new namespace, a vote has to take place on the URI used for
>>that namespace.
>

> ... and a descriptive document posted to the website.

Shouldn't we look at http://www.rddl.org/ in this perspective? It ain't
ratified in any official way, but we are known as early adopters (even
pioneers) in supporting this kind of infrastructure-related schemes -
hence the xinclude-like components who have been available long before
xinclude has become a W3C spec.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org