cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject proposed resolution for next board meeting
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:42:36 GMT
Dear board,

after Stefano had indicated his wish [1] to resign from the Cocoon PMC
chair position, the Cocoon PMC voted a new chair [2], so we kindly ask
you to ratify the following resolution upon the next board meeting:

                                  - o -

WHEREAS, the membership of the Apache Cocoon Project Management
Committee (PMC) have nominated Steven Noels to serve as chairman of the
Apache Cocoon PMC; and
WHEREAS, the previously appointed chairman of the Apache Cocoon PMC,
Stefano Mazzocchi, has resigned his position as Vice President, Apache
Cocoon, in favor of Steven Noels' appointment to that position.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Steven Noels be and hereby is
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Cocoon, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed.

                                  - o -

Speaking for the entire Cocoon community, I want to thank Stefano for
his fruitful tenure as the first Cocoon PMC chair, which marked the
important transition from XML to Cocoon being a top-level ASF project.

I want to thank my fellow Cocoonies for their trust in me and the
inspiring and friendly community - it sure feels like being carried on
the shoulders of a giant.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104973435205108&w=2

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org