cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:20:38 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote, On 24/04/2003 14.01:
> Le jeudi, 24 avr 2003, à 13:43 Europe/Zurich, Matthew Langham a écrit :

>> Everyone is giving Steven +1 which is fine - but I do think we should
>> stick
>> to some formaility.
>

> Agreed (note I'm being careful not to say "+1" ;-)
> I think Steven only proposed that we vote for the PMC Chair and let the
> board approve the result.
>
>  From this morning's discussions I assume Steven is going to start the
> vote on the PMC list, so we should wait for this before voting.

Can I say mine? (in other words, do I ever miss the opportunity to say
mine? ;-)

If we all agree, formality is not that necessary. Votes *and*
discussions should *always* happen on the dev list, not on the PMC list.
In this case it seems we are doing it de-facto in the open, because
there is some consensus, so if Steven starts a [vote] thread summarizing
the votes so far, I have no problem with it.

Remember guys, the PMC takes decisions in a project. The PMC decides
that the PMC decides. If we decide that this voting is ok, then it's ok.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -