cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:16:30 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 24/04/2003 0.14:
> (I was just thinking about the same subject today! :)
> Let's get the ball rolling:
> I'm hereby voting for the PMC chair candidate Steven, as he is lesser of
> two evils ;-P
> +1

Initially I didn't feel that I wanted Steven as a PMC chair. I proposed
others that I felt were more indicated to represent Cocoon.
Hmmm, represent != lead...

As time passed by, and as Steven started "acting" like a chair and doing
boring admin stuff, I remembered how it was in Avalon, and how I managed
to become chair of a project while being the least involved in its
coding. Similary to me, Steven is bound a lot to Cocoon success, but
much less in its coding.

Is it that it's natural for humans to create politicians?
(this is half a joke, half food for thought)

Cocoon needs coders, designers, docers and "admins". Steven does it also
for work, and I think that probably he may do it well here too.
Look at Sam Ruby, he is IMHO good at managing Jakarta, but does he still
code there?

A funny phrase strikes me now: "Do you want to leave Steven without
anything to do? Heck, let him do something! ;-)"

So, based on the above reasoned thoughts, and on the fact that if Steven
acts strangely we will kick his soul out ;-) , I vote +1 for Steven.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -