cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:22:47 GMT

Steven Noels wrote, On 22/04/2003 21.23:
> I just didn't like all this to be fitting into some Grand Component
> Repository Scheme, that's all.

On this I agree with you. We have indeed decided *not* to follow a
"Grand Component Repository Scheme", heading instead for a more
pragmatic solution. In fact all project-specific components remain with
the projects, and all utility code goes in other places. What remains
are common components, and keeping there in Avalon with common access is
IMHO the most sensible and easy thing to do to foster cooperation with
Avalon, that has instead always been seen as an ivory tower.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -