cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Cocoon
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:30:42 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>on 4/21/03 11:24 AM Gump@icarus.apache.org wrote:
>>
>>>    [junit] Testcase: testFunctionForXSLTCTestcase: testStressForXSLTC took 0.016
sec
>>>    [junit] 	Caused an ERROR
>>>    [junit] class org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.SAXImpl$TypedNamespaceIterator cannot
access its superclass org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBaseIterators$NamespaceIterator
>>>    [junit] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.SAXImpl$TypedNamespaceIterator
cannot access its superclass org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBaseIterators$NamespaceIterator
>>>    [junit] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:193)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
>>>    [junit] 	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
>>>    [junit] 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager.getDTM(XSLTCDTMManager.java:291)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager.getDTM(XSLTCDTMManager.java:174)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerHandlerImpl.startDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:232)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.startDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:83)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMStreamer$NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer.stream(DOMStreamer.java:247)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMStreamer.stream(DOMStreamer.java:174)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.AbstractTransformerTestCase.transform(AbstractTransformerTestCase.java:150)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformerTestCase.testStressForXSLTC(TraxTransformerTestCase.java:111)
>>>    [junit] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>    [junit] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>    [junit] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>    [junit] 	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.testcase.ExcaliburTestCase.run(ExcaliburTestCase.java:445)
>>
>>Hmmm, is this a problem with the gump descriptor not finding stuff or
>>our tests are based on classes who changed in Xalan's CVS?
>

> I really don't know, but it seems that the generated byte code doesn't
> work on the icarus machine. But their test are fine. Where can I find
> information about this machine?

This is failing on multiple machines.  For example:

http://gump.cocoondev.org/cocoon.html

A good description of each machine can be found in the output of the
test-ant build done on that machine.  For example:

http://gump.cocoondev.org/test-ant.html

The next step in debugging this is to try building cocoon with the
-debug flag to see if ant has more useful information.  The command is
simple:

   build cocoon -debug

I would do this myself right now and post the results, but an active
build is in progress...

They can be reached at xalan-dev@xml.apache.org .

> Stephan.

- Sam Ruby