cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:13:22 GMT
On 22/04/2003 15:55 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote, On 22/04/2003 15.49:
>
>> On 22/04/2003 14:05 Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> Bringing up a good point.  If XMLUtils is largely only a Cocoon
>>> component, it probably should be maintained here.  You guys could to
>>> a much better job of it than the Avalon team.  It hasn't garnered
>>> more developer support other than Cocooners.
>>

>> Right on.
>

> I just hate it when things keep getting moved from one place to the
> other, when there is no real need, since Cocoon developers can be
> granted access there.

Then why are there 2 different projects? :-)

> I wanted to move all Avalon components to a common repository like
> Apache Commons where all projects could partecipate. Then we decided to
> keep it at Avalon. Then each project should keep their own but Avaloners
> would still keep common ones. Now we don't do this anymore and Avalon
> will not have a Component repository.
>
> A Component Repository with just access to Avalon developers is d*e*a*d.

Sure. I believe reality is explaining you here that this Component
repository isn't bound to happen, or at least that the 'Cocoon-related
Components' inside that repository have not proven to be of much
interest to others, IIUC.

> If we keep excalibur, we must grant access to others. Else we just kill
> it. All of it.

If no-one but a few cares, why not?

> Other than that, I have nothing more to say, here at work it's hell and
> I'm mad as I can be. Sorry if I seem harsh, this is the best I can do
> not to be so. Thanx

It's appreciated, Nicola. :-)

I really think you are trying too hard - and I admire you for doing so.
But when reality tells us otherwise, we should listen, since I would
loath to see you running around frustrated.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org