cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:55:59 GMT

Steven Noels wrote, On 22/04/2003 15.49:
> On 22/04/2003 14:05 Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Bringing up a good point.  If XMLUtils is largely only a Cocoon
>> component, it probably should be maintained here.  You guys could to
>> a much better job of it than the Avalon team.  It hasn't garnered
>> more developer support other than Cocooners.
>
> Right on.

I just hate it when things keep getting moved from one place to the
other, when there is no real need, since Cocoon developers can be
granted access there.

I wanted to move all Avalon components to a common repository like
Apache Commons where all projects could partecipate. Then we decided to
keep it at Avalon. Then each project should keep their own but Avaloners
would still keep common ones. Now we don't do this anymore and Avalon
will not have a Component repository.

A Component Repository with just access to Avalon developers is d*e*a*d.

If we keep excalibur, we must grant access to others. Else we just kill
it. All of it.

Other than that, I have nothing more to say, here at work it's hell and
I'm mad as I can be. Sorry if I seem harsh, this is the best I can do
not to be so. Thanx

             - verba volant, scripta manent -