cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:42:43 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote, On 22/04/2003 14.34:
> Peter Royal wrote:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe the XMLizer only kicks in
>> if you want to call toSAX on a source. (or if a source is not XMLizable)
>>
>> So for your example of HTML files, in order to successfully convert
>> them into valid XML, JTidy is used. If you just want to serve static
>> HTML, you probably want to use a reader, and not a generator.
>> -pete
>
> I think the problem is that the XMLIzer is used even when the HTML is
> called by a Reader.

Ok, then we have a bug, not a design problem.

The contract (at least the contract I suppose would be the right one) is
that the least-expensive route is taken, given the requested output.

I would not remove the XMLizable stuff, because if the source is XML,
and I ask it as XML, I would not want to be transformed to a stream. I
would have the problem backwards in this case.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -